- Unlock Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Playback
- Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
- Surround Enhancer* Mode
- Stream Anything with DTS Play-Fi®
- Dual-band Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify® Connect
5.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Amplify Happiness with Tomorrow’s Entertainment Today
Built on a high-current amp system that effortlessly drives four-ohm speakers, the TX-NR474 has muscle to boost enjoyment of sound, whether it’s music, a movie soundtrack, or the Sunday football. Experience the magic of Dolby Atmos®* and DTS:X™ enhancing 4K movies encoded with HDR10 or Dolby Vision™ via compatible Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ players thanks to the receiver’s 4K HDR pass-through function. You can share any A/V receiver source to optional wireless speakers over FireConnect™* powered by Blackfire, while dual-band Wi-Fi® provides stability for Chromecast built-in*, DTS Play-Fi™*, AirPlay, and streaming services such as Spotify®. With a slick GUI and Onkyo Controller app, operation is simple. So sit back, relax, and let the sound of happiness wash over you.
Unlock Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Playback
Object-based mixing lets sounds play through any speaker independently. Effects move above and around you as in real life. Enjoy movies and games with 3.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos* sound, and DTS:X through any speaker layout, and discover a new sonic dimension.
Surround Enhancer* Mode
Based on technology developed by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., Surround Enhancer Mode augments the object-based soundfield with virtual channels that emulate a 5.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos experience as delivered by a comparable 7.1-channel receiver. With Surround Enhancer Mode, you can enjoy a 5.1.2-channel 3D soundfield easily without need of rear speakers.
Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the TX-NR474 with ease. Control playback from Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook.
Stream Anything with DTS Play-Fi®
DTS Play-Fi* is a wireless protocol that works with any app and smart device. Flick whatever’s playing to your home cinema, even different sources to different speakers at the same time.
Dual-band Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify® Connect
A selectable 5 GHz Wi-Fi® channel assures stable streaming connectivity in areas with traffic congestion on the 2.4 GHz band. Enjoy smooth streaming over AirPlay, the Spotify Connect app, and other network audio services.
Internet Radio and Streaming Services
TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn are baked into the GUI, making it easy to select from a massive range of music and radio programs using Onkyo Controller.
FireConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FireConnect™ mirrors network audio and external analog sources connected to master component—from streaming services to vinyl records—on FireConnect™-compatible speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into Onkyo Controller app for iOS and Android™.
Note: FireConnect™ is enabled with a firmware update. Sharing audio from external inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
Onkyo Controller Supports Next Generation Network Audio
Onkyo Controller collects streaming services and network-attached audio into an intuitive smartphone app. Control playback, explore services, and distribute audio all over the home via FireConnect™ from one easy interface. Alternatively, you can use familiar music apps now supported within this next-generation network ecosystem.
Powerful Amplification for Dynamic Sound
High current power is proven by the TX-NR474’s ability to drive four-ohm speaker loads, which will severely test the strongest amp. Heaps of muscle means superior control for outstanding clarity and transient response, restoring energy to music and the surround-sound experience.
Supports 4K HDR and BT.2020 Standard
Connect four players to the receiver’s HDMI inputs. The inputs support passthrough of 4K/60 Hz video, High Dynamic Range in HDR10 or Dolby Vision™* formats, as well as the BT.2020 Ultra HD video standard. Enjoy the latest 4K movies untouched from source to screen.
Graphical Interface with Easy Setup
With your speakers and media players connected, plug in the AccuEQ mic and let the intuitive GUI guide you through initial setup, from speaker calibration to network connection. The interface eliminates frustration and makes everyday control simple and enjoyable.
- Supports 3.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos®*1 and DTS:X™
- 135 W per Channel
- HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out (4K/60 Hz / HDR10 / Dolby Vision™ / HDCP 2.2)
- 4 Ω Speaker Driving Capability
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi®*1, and AirPlay
- FireConnect™*1 Wireless Multi-room Distribution
- HDMI® Terminals Supporting HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
- Supports 3.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos*1 Playback and Dolby Surround Upmixing
- Surround Enhancer*1 Mode Replicates 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Playback with Virtual Surround-field Creation
- DTS:X Object-based Audio Reproduction and DTS Neural:X™ 3D Upmixingå
- Stable Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® Connectivity
- Features Chromecast built-in*1 Wireless Audio Casting Technology
- FireConnect™*1 Multi-room Distribution of Network Audio to Wireless Speakers
- Ready for Onkyo Controller*2 App Integrated Multi-room Intuitive Operation
- DTS Play-Fi*1 Shares Music from Apps to Receiver and Wireless Speakers
- AirPlay Audio Streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP AVRCP)
- Pandora*3, Spotify®, TIDAL*4, TuneIn*4, and Deezer*4
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex Phase Alignment Technology for Dolby-enabled Speakers
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality, Including Bluetooth Audio
- 480i De-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI
*1 Requires future firmware update. *2 For iOS and Android™ devices. Check App Store or Google Play™ for OS and device requirements. *3 Available in Australia and New Zealand. *4 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
- 135 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- High Current Amplification System for Thrilling Stereo and Multichannel Performance
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry for Low Distortion
- Non-Phase-Shift Amplification Circuitry for Clarity and Detail
- High Current Power to Drive Larger Speakers with 4 Ω Resistance
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- Decodes Dolby Atmos* (3.1.2 Channels) and DTS:X Formats
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®*, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AKM (AK4438) 384 kHz/32-bit Multichannel DAC
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing
- DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Pure Audio Mode with Easy Front Panel Button
- Front Panel Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
* Requires firmware update.
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- Powered Rear USB Port (5 V, 1 A)
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 3 Analog Audio Inputs, 1 Stereo Analog Input (3.5 mm, Front)
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Headphone Jack (6.35 mm, Front)
- Speaker Posts with Screw Knobs
- Speaker Setup Mic Input (Front)
- Playback of USB Audio
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI and Easy Connection Diagram on Rear Panel
- Large Input Buttons and Easy Sound Program Selection via Front Panel
- HDMI Pass-through and Network Standby Functions
- IP Control via LAN for Home Automation Systems
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Full-sized Simple Remote Control
All Channels 135 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD,
1 Channel Driven, IEC)
Dynamic Power 160 W (3Ω, Front)
125 W (4Ω, Front)
85 W (8 Ω, Front)
THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)
0.08% (20 Hz-20 kHz, Half Power)
Damping Factor Over 49 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 Ω)
Input Sensitivity and Impedance
200 mV/47 kΩ (Line)
Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance
1 V/470 Ω (Subwoofer Pre Out)
Frequency Response 10 Hz-100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
Tone Control ±10 dB, 90 Hz (Bass)
±10 dB, 7.5 kHz (Treble)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 106 dB (Line, IHF-A)
Speaker Impedance 4 Ω-16 Ω
Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance
Video 1.0 Vp-p/75 Ω (Composite)
Tuning Frequency Range
FM 87.5 MHz-108 MHz
AM 522 kHz-1,611 kHz
530 kHz-1,710 kHz
FM/AM Preset Memory 40 Stations
Power Supply AC 220-240 V~, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption 400 W
No-Sound Power Consumption
Standby Power Consumption
Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 160 x 328 mm
Weight 8.6 kg